STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
For CROSSROADS PENTECOSTAL ASSEMBLY
We are a group of Christians, who help make up the body of Christ, committed to the church as a living growing organism. The Church is people, with Jesus Christ as the Supreme Ruler and King. We affirm that the Word of God is the only source of its life. Therefore, we maintain the purity of its gospel. All our goals and undertakings will confirm to the Word of God.
We will commit ourselves to the pattern of the early church. Therefore, we will strive to be truly Pentecostal and give close heed to the direction of the Holy Spirit.
It is our desire that CROSSROADS be a place where . . .
1. We disciple believers to become holy, spirit filled people – ourselves first.
2. We will worship God for Who He is and what He has done.
· Through fellowship with Jesus Christ and unity with fellow believers
· Through the primacy of preaching and teaching of the Word
· Through prayer, praise and thanksgiving
· Through our tithes and offerings
3. We will demonstrate our faith in Jesus Christ by serving the Lord in various church capacities.
4. We will care about and for one another.
· Through sharing one another’s joys and burdens
· Through the benevolent giving of God’s people to help meet one another’s needs.
· Through compassionate redemptive discipline
5. We will reach out with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
As the Board and leadership of CROSSROADS, it is our desire to see praise and worship produce a greater love for the Lord Jesus. To accomplish this, we must accept and recognize the individuality of God’s people. Open expression is encouraged in scripturally-balanced freedom and responsibility of the individual before God. Let us, as God’s people, “with all humility and gentleness, with patience, showing forbearance (tolerance) to one another in love, being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”
(Ephesians 4:2-3 NASB)